Saturday, August 13, 2011

Spinach and Chesse Frittata

Spinach and Smoked Cheese Frittata
One Saturday morning my brother and I were playing around in the kitchen, we were wanted to make a dish that would accent the berry muffins that were in the oven. So the mixtress within comes alive and I began mixing items together and voila the Frittata was born. The funny thing was that I had no clue that this dish had a specific name, LOL!! So please try this it is an easy way to use up several items that are not being used in the fridge, or as  as a brunch item and it is simple and kids will enjoy because of the cheese .

Ingredients:

Serving size (6)

6 eggs- 2 eggs per person
1/3 cup of  milk
2 tablespoons of Ricotta cheese ( sour cream can also be used)
1/2 cup of smoked cheese ( this was the cheese that I had in the fridge, I love smoked cheese. I used Gouda but any cheese will do.
1/4 cup of spinach ( the spinach should be cooked before mixing it with the other ingredients especially if it is frozen, if not the spinach will add more water to the mixture.
2 slices of sandwich meat ( if you have another meat that you would like to use such as sausage, or bacon is another good choice.
1 pinch of basil
2 chopped green onions

Directions:

In a medium size bowl mix all of the ingredients together, if you need extra liquid add more milk or cream. I poured the mixture in a cast iron skillet and cooked it in the oven for 30 to 45 minutes. It can also be placed in an oven safe container. This is really a great way to start a weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment